May 18, 2010

Why'd Draenor Get the Works? That's Nobody's Business But the Orcs

Ah, Hellfire Peninsula... a gankfest that made STV look pale by comparison. Good forethought on Blizzard's part, eh? Lets put every single level 60 on a server on both sides and put them in the same starting zone, with quest hubs separated by a one minute mount ride. Add on to the gankfest the ridiculous server strain put on by having thousands of players in the same zone at once, and you get the idea of what Hellfire was like in the heady early days of the Burning Crusade.

Didn't matter though... for those of us who had been playing for years, bored of the old world content, a whole new world was like a gift from the Earthmother... oh wait, I'm a draenei... the Light, I guess.

I was so excited with all the new quests and towns and whatnot, I was forgetting to find groups for Hellfire Citadel. By the time I ran it, I was level 63 or so and almost done with the zone. I ran it once, and then found myself so excited to move onto Zangamarsh that I couldn't be bothered to keep running it for gear. Once I made it to Zangarmarsh, I was so excited to keep moving that I stopped running instances all together. Soon I was off to Terrokar and found new levels of lagginess in Shattrath City, and new levels of awesomeness with the Dune-inspired quests in the Bone Wastes.

And then came Nagrand. The zone that would surpass Mulgore, STV, the Plaguelands, Tanaris, and Feralas as my favorite and most beautiful zones. It was then and there, in the homeland of the orcs, that I knew that I could not be an Ally for much longer, and that as much I liked Tauren, there was a little green orc living in my soul. I picked up the pace, ran trough Blade's Edge Mountains, and, a few quests into Netherstorm, I dinged 70, and hung up my Alliance tabard forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment