May 18, 2010

There's No Place Like Orgrimmar

It felt good to be home. Where orcs are men and blood elves are women. Where we tell Chuck Norris jokes instead of Hogger jokes. Where we laugh at your sissy Light and call upon the mighty elemental spirits to smite our pink skinned enemies.

So, I had my daunting "project" to begin. The question was where to start? I decided the best thing to do would be to power level one of my toons to 70, so I could have a capped toon to be able to gather things or come kill gankers for my lowbies while I was leveling. And as most good WoW players know, hunters are the fastest power levelers. So, I bought myself a copy of Joana's Leveling Guide (btw, unless you're looking to literally set a speed run record, don't pay, get Jame's Leveling Guide for free) and set to getting Yuffee to the cap.

Here was my first experience in the blood elf starting area. Yes, I know, belfs get alot of flak from both Ally's (as if they're anyone to talk with nelfs) and old school Horde like myself. I however am not a belf hater. Having ONE "pretty" humanish looking race in a faction of badasses spices things up a little. Not to mention in the days of Burning Crusade, belfs were kinda evil, pretty though they may be. And yeah, it looks a bit odd for an old school Horde like me to have half of his toons be belfs, but hey, I was going off a theme. And trust me, if we had had Tauren paladins back then, that would have been my main.

Now, I got through the 1-10 zone and moved into the Ghostlands, one of Blizzards masterpieces in quest flow design. This zone, on all future characters, would replace the Barrens or Silverpine as the place to level 10-20, regardless of race. The zone was compact and yet teeming with quests, and the quest rewards were vastly superior to the ones got in other 10-20 zones (even the new draenei 10-20). But soon enough the Ghostlands were done and Yuffee translocated to UC to join the greater Horde world. A zepplin later I was pledging my fealty to the Warchief, and went forward to claim my goal, in the place I belonged, in service of the Horde. LOK'TAR OGAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment