May 23, 2010

Multiple Personality Disorder

I finished Lord of the Clans a few days ago, it was amazing. I love how well they "humanized" the orcs, made them really strong, honorable, respectable characters. I'm now working on Day of the Dragon, but, I'm having trouble getting into it... Kirin Tor and elves... blah.

So weeks go by, and I get all of the gang up to 30. My plan at this point was to cycle through all of them again to 50, and when that was done, cycle through to 70. However, as I went back to Faeyth the paladin, I realized the problem... I had totally forgotten to play her. I started thinking about how to fix this problem going forward. I decided I'd pair everyone up, and do two toons at a time all the way to 70, then move on to the next pair. So, Claude and Faeyth became the first pair.

Quick aside about the gang... not all of them were original. Originally I had a slightly different line up, most got changed before I got started, with the exception of Cid and Tifah who I did a paid recustomization on. When I heard about death knights coming in WotLK I knew I wanted to make him a forsaken named Golbez. That meant breaking from my original all Final Fantasy VII naming scheme. So I deleted my troll priest named Aeris and made a blood elf priest named Terra, and my undead warlock named Valentine became the blood elf warlock Renoh. I always had a female orc named Tifah, but originally she was a shaman, and my warrior was a male orc named Highwind. However (much later, after WotLK came out) I decided I REALLY wanted a male orc shaman who looked like Thrall. So, I recustomized my warrior into a female named Tifah, and my shaman into a male named Cid.

Anywho, I estimated it would take me about 7 months to get all my toons up to 70 at this point (from 30), if I were playing an average of 6 hours a day. A lot of days I didn't get to play that much but I'd make up for it with usually at least one marathon session a week. At the time, it was looking like WotLK was about 8 or 9 months away, so I had a little wiggle room.

Unfortunately for the project, 2008 ended up being a really good year for console games I wanted to play....

No comments:

Post a Comment