May 27, 2010

DK Tank, DK Healer, DK DPS

Leveling a death knight through Outland right after WotLK launched was pretty weird. Hellfire was once again a giant gankfest, with everyone Death Gripping everyone all over the place. There were also a few level 80s (who must have power leveled to the cap, then got bored waiting for enough other people to be 80 to share endgame content with) just griefing all the poor nooby DKs.

And then there were the 5 man all DK instance runs... cuz pretty much everyone doing the leveling game 60-70 at that time was a DK. The one frost, one unholy, three blood group was very common. The strength of the DK starting blues helped us getting through the first few instances, but it did get a little harder as time went on. After Hellfire Citadel, I didn't really bother with instances anymore, I really just did it for the novelty of doing an all one class instance run that wasn't with pallies or druids. As I progressed through Outland, I found it wasn't just Hellfire that was a gankfest, and the longer it took me, the more bored 80s there were griefing. I actually decided to go to Shadowmoon as soon as I hit 67, as I had never quested there before, and figured it was usually a less traveled zone and would have less ganking. The amount of "group" quests I was able to EASILY solo as a DK, both in Shadowmoon and other zones, was ridonkulous. I hit 68 and decided to say fuck Outland, and headed for the frozen wastes of Northrend, home to Arthas Menethil, AKA, the Lich King.

No comments:

Post a Comment