May 11, 2010

The Move Away from Carebears and Toward Face Melting

When we left off, my good old Tauren druid was bored out of his mind hitting the Decursive hotkey like Desmond in Lost hitting the button. 60 wasn't turning out to be the grand adventure I thought it would be. Why had no one warned me. Well, they had, actually. I just wasn't looking. It was at this point I began to discover all the wonderful resources the Interwebs provided for WoW. The official forums, Thottbot, WoWHead, Elitist Jerks, etc. And as I began to peruse these sites, I found that plenty of people HAD warned me that being an endgame PVE druid was a whole lot of boring crap. So, I began to do a lot of research. I decided that since I had a bit of experience in healing endgame, I should go with a healer class, but one that actually healed alot and did exciting stuff. Horde side in those days, priests were pretty much always the main healers. And leveling Shadow sounded fun. I also discovered that most hardcore players regarded those of us who played on "Normal" PVE (Carebear) servers as wussies... real orcs roll PVP. I also decided I wanted to wait for a new server, I wanted a fresh experience where everyone started at level 1 and I could climb levels with everyone else. Not knowing when this would happen, I rolled my first alt on my original server. A PVP twink. I decided I could use all the gold my main had to fund him since I was soon giving up playing him, and I needed the PVP practice.

And so was born Kralizec, the troll hunter. I leveled him up to 29, doing just enough WC runs to get some good twink gear, bought some of the AH, got my chants, and dove into the world of WSG. Surprisingly, I found I was pretty good at this, which seemed odd cause I had always been terrible (and still am) at one on one world pvp and duels. But this was a team sport, and I knew my role. And did it well. I was the a flag carrier stopper. Me and my boar would hit the Ally scum flag thief with concussive shot, boar charge, that'd usually give me time to get into melee range for wing clip, and by then usually one of my fellow Horde (rogue or warrior usually) came in for the actual kill. I was really good at my job. I actually rolled a level one ally toon and went into IF to ask people who the most hated Hordies in the 29 WSG bracket were, and my name was almost always in the top 3. I had alot of fun doing this. Sadly, just about the time I was really getting my Warsong Outriders rep up pretty high, word came down the forums that a new PVP server was opening up, and it was time for me to move.

And so was born Magdalena, my first female toon, a badass Undead Priest who would soon be melting alot of faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment