May 16, 2010

Sleeping with the Enemy

So there I was, in the Azuremyst Isles. Alliance territory. Strange. The first 20 levels or so were fun. I was experiencing new content, and I could see Blizzard had really improved the dynamics of a starting area. I got through the epic questline in Bloodmyst, and then, around level 18 or so, I had to head off to the greater Alliance world at large. I forget where I went first to continue leveling. But I do know that very soon, I hated questing Alliance side. One, the general chat channels were far worse than Horde side. Horde was just full of inane chatter and Chuck Norris jokes. The inane chatter was still there, but you get constantly bombarded with requests for help, with the simplest of things. A quest that isn't very hard, finding something, killing some Horde that are killing them. Not just in general chat, but they'd personally send me whispers. Drove me nuts. Game's not that hard, people, and theres always Wowhead.

After a bit, I decided that since I had always heard the Alliance was superior in PVE, I would level mostly by running instances. And so Murbellah became a tank, though she was arms specced, I used a somewhat hybrid spec that worked pretty well for tanking 5 mans and still being able to solo easily. The only pain in the ass was keeping both my one handed and two handed weapon skills trained up.

The way I would do things was run every instance until I had all of the tank gear upgrades, and then move on to the next. If I got some dps gear in the process, all the better. It was around this time though, I heard the big news. Wrath of the Lich King had been announced. Death Knights! Dance Studio! New Level Cap! And as more info started coming in, I realized I was never gonna be happy with just one class. All the casses had interesting news about them. It was then an idea was born. I would finish leveling Mur up to the cap, but then, I'd go back to Dragonmaw, and begin my "project."

The project was nothing short of leveling 9 characters, one of each class to the cap, preferably in time so they'd all be 70 when the expansion hit. It was a mammoth undertaking, I knew, but I was gonna try...

No comments:

Post a Comment