May 12, 2010

Melting Face and Taking Names

So, as soon as the new server went live, I was rolling my lovely new Forsaken priest. First few levels were pretty slow going, but once I got SW:P and Mind Blast, I was in love with being a priest. And this time, things were going faster in general. For one, I had done this before. And I had done alot of research; on priests and how to level them, had found a power leveling quest guide, started to use the AH more, etc. Things were just much smoother in general. From day one I was being as frugal as possible, trying to save gold for my mount.

The only thing that slowed me down a little (once I got to Ashenvale, 1K Needles, STV) was the whole PVP server ganking thing. Unluckily for the Ally scum, turns out though I sucked at duels and 1v1 PVP as a druid and a hunter, I was pretty adept at face melting. Around my mid 30s or so, I decided to start shopping around for a guild. I found a small guild by the name of Savage War Boyz. I had run a few instances with some of their members and found them to be both competent players as well as being funny and good to talk to. Their plan was to recruit around 100 people who seemed to have potential, and as people approached 60, they felt like they would have weeded out the weaker players and found their first string raiders. Seemed like a good plan. Of course, for the moment, we were, like everyone else, a leveling guild(Though a small handful of speed levelers were already 60).

Around this time I started to realize the strange power I had as a female toon. I had never done this as a guy playing with other people who had girl toons, but I soon found that if I said I needed a piece of gear, my competitors would often pass on rolls. Sometimes guys would give me free gold. Or kick someone else out of group to add me. Random strangers passing by would see me tackling an elite for quest and would help me kill it. Some people think its a little weird or scummy to let guys do this and not tell them I'm a dude. I say screw that, take what you can get. In fact, it was at this point I decided I would never even tell me guild what sex I was IRL (I didn't say I was a girl, I just wouldn't say either way) and always claim I didn't have a mic for Vent.

Things were going great, I was leveling about 3 times faster than I had on my first toon, I loved my guild, dudes were giving me free shit, and I was melting Ally face left and right. What could go wrong? Guild drama, of course.....

No comments:

Post a Comment