May 24, 2010

Captain of the Red Wings

So 2008 found me sidetracked from the project by console games. First, it was Grand Theft Auto IV. I spent a month or more playing this pretty heavily, with WoW thrown in here and there. Then I got back to it, and had gotten Claude, Faeyth, Renoh, Barrett, and Tifah up to 60, with the other three in the works. However, I started realizing how close Lich King was, and decided I wanted to have whichever of my toons I wanted to level t0 80 first sitting ready at 70 when it hit. I decided that I enjoyed the ease of warlock leveling, so Renoh would be my choice. With only weeks until the release, I began working on leveling him to 70. However, something happened that'd derail me once again. My roommate brought home a copy of Fallout 3. I was hooked in. Damnit. It got so bad I didn't even buy WotLK until a couple weeks after it was released, and the dream of having 9 70s at launch went unfulfilled. But, I did get it, and decided that since I didn't have my warlock ready, I'd just jump into my death knight, and so, the tenth of my alts, Golbez the forsaken Death Knight, was born. And then my jaw dropped as I started doing the amazing quests in the DK starting area. Blizzard had REALLY outdone themselves. I like it so much that whenever my server goes down these days, I roll a new DK on a new server and just dick around for a bit with it. This was a very differen class to play, with very dfferent mechanics... it took some getting used to..

No comments:

Post a Comment