Dec 14, 2010

stoopid maintenance

Well, since maint is killing my Catagasm, I'll use this time to talk a bit about my expanded stable of alts. The roster looks like this. I've got my brand new tauren paladin, Leto (currently the highest of the newbies at 46), my goblin rogue Stiltzkin (41), my Forsaken hunter Murbella (30), my troll druid Ghanima (25), my orc mage Milesteg (about 7), my goblin shaman Scytale (also about 7), my worgen warrior Roccloh (1oish) and my worgen hunter Magdalena (7ish). Three of those names are blasts from WoW past. Roccloh was the name of my very first toon, a tauren druid named after my childhood dog Rocco. Magdalena was the name of my first serious toon, a Forsaken priest who I raided with in vanilla days. And Murbella is the name of my 80 draenei warrior who I will most likely never play again. If I see any of the 80+ content alliance side, it will be with one of my worgen. Leto is currently specced prot and holy, which with the rebirth of shockadins makes it very easy to queue as all 3 rolls (moreso than with a feral/resto dual spec druid). And Stiltzkin is specced combat for solo leveling, and subtlety for dungeons. Subt is an interesting spec i've never played with before, but im getting to enjoy it, even though i know assassination would be better dps for dungeons. Being able to stealth teleport behind mobs is super convenient, and I've generally been topping the meters in most dungeons. With Leto I'm mostly tanking thus far as I'm not confident in my healing abilities, and my holy gear is definitely not as good as my prot. But, I plan to try it out soon. Plus, I can usually single handedly carry a group through a 5man as a pally tank with wog and loh if the heals suck. Pally tanks (at least at these low levels) are so OP. In the old crew, the only person I've taken into the 80+ content is my orc shaman Cid, who is now 82. I've gotten about halfway through both Hyjal and Vash'jir, and run Blackrock Caverns and Throne of Tides once each. ToT is a very cool instance, BRC is ok, but definitely found ToT more fun. And finally, RIP to the orc warrior Tifa, who was sacrificed to the race change gods, to replace Claude, who was server and appearance transfered into Alia the belf rogue. Tifa is now Claude, the belf warrior, and leader of AVERLANCHE, my alt guild on Dragonmaw. Leto is the leader of Fedaykin, my alt guild on Area 52. So, the stable has 6 belfs, 2 orcs, 2 tauren, 2 goblins, 2 worgen, 2 forsaken, 2 trolls, 1 draenei, and yet, i don't even like belfs much, they just fit my theme. I might consider race changing some at some point, but its too expensive to do willy nilly (possibly would change my belf hunter to goblin, maybe my lock to orc). Side note, I really hope female belfs get some of the female goblin haircuts at some point, they are awesome. I love the female goblin models in general, think they are the best of the four new ones. Male worgen are nice too. Female worgen and male goblin... meh... male goblins have very little options, all tend to look similar, and just can't get into the female worgen look, guess I'm not a furry. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment